Subspecialty Certification in Emergency Medical Services
The following training requirements must be completed before a candidate may sit for the Written Exam for subspecialty certification in Emergency Medical Services.
- Be a diplomate of the American Osteopathic Board of Emergency Medicine.
- Have completed an AOA-recognized training program in Emergency Medical Services.
- Hold an active license to practice emergency medicine in the state or territory where you practice before and during the certification process.
- Be an AOA member in good standing for at least 12 months immediately prior to the date of certification.
- Adhere to the AOA Code of Ethics.
- Demonstrate eligibility for examination in any other manner required by the board.
The Written Exam in Emergency Medical Services is offered in November each year at the AOA’s office in downtown Chicago. The cost is $600.