Subspecialty Certification in Medical Toxicology
The following training requirements must be completed before a candidate may sit for the Written Exam for subspecialty certification in Medical Toxicology.
- Be a diplomate of the American Osteopathic Board of Emergency Medicine.
- Have completed an AOA-recognized training program in Medical Toxicology.
- Hold an active license to practice emergency medicine in the state or territory where you practice before and during the certification process.
- Be an AOA member in good standing for at least 12 months immediately prior to the date of certification.
- Adhere to the AOA Code of Ethics.
- Demonstrate eligibility for examination in any other manner required by the board.
The Written Exam in Medical Toxicology is offered on an as-needed basis at the AOA’s office in downtown Chicago. The cost is $600. To learn more or to apply, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.