1. In order to take the Pediatric Endocrinology Oral Exam, applicants must be AOA board-certified pediatricians who have completed two years of AOA-recognized subspecialty fellowship training in Pediatric Endocrinology.
2. The Pediatric Endocrinology Oral Exam is offered on an as-needed basis. For more information, please contact the AOBP.
Become Board Certified
3. Upon successful completion of all exam components, the AOBP will recommend osteopathic subspecialty board certification to the AOA.
4. You will receive notification from the AOA via email once certification has been approved. Expect to receive your certificate in the mail within approximately 90 days upon notification of approval.
5. Your subspecialty certification in Pediatric Endocrinology will remain active for 10 years following date of issue provided you successfully complete Osteopathic Continuous Certification Requirements.
Osteopathic Continuous Certification
6. Maintain active licensure.
7. Participate in lifelong learning and continuing medical education.
8. Complete the cognitive assessment.
9. Complete the practice performance assessment.