Component 2: Lifelong Learning/Continuing Medical Education
Component 2 of the Osteopathic Continuous Certification process requires recertifying physicians to pursue lifelong learning through continuing medical education.
To complete Component 2 requirements in the primary specialty of Pediatrics, a physician must:
- Meet CME requirements by obtaining 120 CME hours in each three-year CME cycle. Of these, 30 hours must be in AOA Category 1-A, and 50 hours must be Pediatric specialty hours in either category 1 or 2.
- Complete 9 Pediatric Osteopathic Manipulative Treatment (POMT) modules, listed below.
To meet OCC Component 4 requirements in Pediatrics, physicians must successfully complete the 9 pediatric osteopathic manipulative treatment (POMT) modules below. Each module has been approved for 1 AOA Category 1-B CME credit. For each module, you must read the module and complete the corresponding online quiz. Physicians must get at least 80% of the quiz correct to pass the module. The AOBP will report this activity to the AOA CME Department for OCC credit. All 9 POMT modules must be completed by the end of the 9-year OCC cycle (Jan. 1, 2013-Dec. 31, 2021). You can view your status for all OCC components, including component 2, by logging in to the AOA Physician Portal.
- Osteopathic Manipulation for Acute Otitis Media in the Pediatric Population
- An Osteopathic Approach to Pediatric Headaches
- Osteopathic Considerations in the Newborn
- The Osteopathic Evaluation and Treatment of Ankle Injuries
- Osteopathic Pediatric Knee Examination
- Pediatric Cervical Spine OMT Module
- Pediatric Respiratory OMT Module
- Osteopathic Pediatrics
- Pediatric Scoliosis OMT Module