Component 2: Lifelong Learning/Continuing Medical Education
Component 2 of the Osteopathic Continuous Certification process requires recertifying physicians to pursue lifelong learning through continuing medical education.
To complete Component 2 requirements in the primary specialty of Pediatrics, diplomates must:
- Earn 120 CME credits during each three-year AOA CME cycle. Of these, 50 credits must be in the primary specialty. You may view your status for all OCC components, including Component 2, by logging into the AOA Physician Portal.
- Complete 9 Pediatric Osteopathic Manipulative Treatment (POMT) modules, listed below.
To meet OCC Component 4 requirements in Pediatrics, physicians must successfully complete the 9 pediatric osteopathic manipulative treatment (POMT) modules below. Each module has been approved for 1 AOA Category 1-B CME credit. For each module, you must read the module and complete the corresponding online quiz. Physicians must get at least 80% of the quiz correct to pass the module. The AOBP will report this activity to the AOA CME Department for OCC credit. All 9 POMT modules must be completed by the end of the 9-year OCC cycle (Jan. 1, 2013-Dec. 31, 2021). You can view your status for all OCC components, including component 2, by logging in to the AOA Physician Portal.
- Osteopathic Manipulation for Acute Otitis Media in the Pediatric Population
- An Osteopathic Approach to Pediatric Headaches
- Osteopathic Considerations in the Newborn
- The Osteopathic Evaluation and Treatment of Ankle Injuries
- Osteopathic Pediatric Knee Examination
- Pediatric Cervical Spine OMT Module
- Pediatric Respiratory OMT Module
- Osteopathic Pediatrics
- Pediatric Scoliosis OMT Module