Longitudinal assessment for Component 3: LEARN MORE | AOBS General Surgery Spring Oral Exam registration has closed
New Subspecialty Exam in Critical Care Neurosurgery
The American Osteopathic Board of Surgery (AOBS) is pleased to announce plans for a new subspecialty exam in Critical Care Neurosurgery under the Neurosurgery specialty which was approved by the Bureau of Osteopathic Specialists (BOS) at its 2021 midyear meeting. Because this is a new exam, it is still under development although we anticipate exam dates to launch in 2023. Please continue to watch this website for the latest updates.
Qualification requirements for this subspecialty exam will include the following qualifications:
- Successful graduation from an AOA or ACGME certified Neurological Surgery Residency
- Successful completion of 12 months of Surgical Critical Care in Neurological Surgery fellowship or practice track option. This fellowship may be completed within the AOA or ACGME Neurological Surgical residency.
- Application for, or completion of AOA AOBS Board Certification in Neurological Surgery
- Application for AOA AOBS Surgical Critical Care (with) recognition of focus practice certification after review by AOBS Neurosurgical section
- Submission of fellowship case log and patient charts for review by AOBS Neurosurgical section
- Passing score on AOA AOBS Neurological Surgery Written Primary Exam
- Passing score on AOA AOBS Neurological Surgery Surgical Critical Care in Neurological Surgery Written Exam