The American Osteopathic Conjoint Examination Committee on Pediatric and Adult Allergy and Immunology administers subspecialty certification exams, as well as Osteopathic Continuous Certification requirements. The following stages represent key milestones in the process to obtain subspecialty board certification in Pediatric and Adult Allergy and Immunology.
1. Complete the eligibility requirements to sit for the Written Exam.
2. Submit an exam application.
3. Take the Written Exam, offered in the spring in conjunction with the American College of Osteopathic Pediatricians (ACOP) Conference.
Become Board Certified
4. Upon successful completion of all exam components, the examination committee will recommend osteopathic board certification to the candidate’s primary board.
5. You will receive a letter from the AOA via email once certification has been approved.
6. You are now board certified. You will receive your certification in the mail within 10-12 weeks upon notification of approval.
7. Your subspecialty certification in Adult & Pediatric Allergy & Immunology will remain active for 10 years following date of issue provided you successfully complete Osteopathic Continuous Certification requirements.
Osteopathic Continuous Certification
8. Maintain active licensure.
9. Participate in lifelong learning and continuing medical education.
10. Complete the cognitive assessment.
11. Complete the practice performance assessment.