The exam should be taken in a quiet place away from all distractions. Make yourself aware of any network or device restrictions should you choose to take the exam at your work or hospital office or if you will be using a work/hospital issued laptop. PLEASE NOTE: It is recommended that you do not use a work/hospital issued laptop as this may cause issues that can only be addressed by your IT department.
An electronic scratch pad or area for notes is available on the exam platform.
A valid government-issued ID is required. The name listed on the exam application must be identical to the name listed on the government-issued ID.
No. The online testing service cannot access computer’s files. The online remote proctored program and its applications associated with the program are the only programs that will be accessed.
Yes. Candidates will have the ability to change a given answer during the exam and prior to any scheduled or optional breaks. It should be noted that once the submit button is clicked, candidates you will not be able to return to the section to change a submitted answer.
Exam results are made available no more than 90 days after the examination date. When possible, exams results may be released earlier within the 90-day window.
Exam Check-In Process:
- Candidates are asked to check into the exam 15-20 minutes prior to the start of the exam. Candidates may check into the exam no less than 15 minutes after the scheduled exam appointment time.
- Testing of the computer’s microphone, webcam, and audio that will be used to take the exam.
- Verification of government-issued ID (please note that the name listed on the exam application must be identical to the name listed on the government-issued ID).
- Candidate will be asked to show/Scan the testing environment where the exam will be taken (please note that extra computer monitors are not permitted).
- Pre-test technical check and set-up.
- After each step noted above is completed, the candidate will be placed in a queue for administration of the exam. Most candidates begin their exam within 15 minutes of the scheduled appointment time.
During the Exam:
- Once the exam begins, candidates are not allowed to leave their seat or exam area to make adjustments to the workspace (such as turning lights on or off) while the exam is in progress.
- Candidates are only allowed to leave the exam area during scheduled breaks. Please contact your specialty board to determine your allotted break times.
If disconnected from the proctored exam, you should first attempt to reconnect. Candidates will be able to connect with the proctor using the telephone allowed in the workspace. If you continue to experience issues, are not able to reconnect and/or connect with the proctor call MonitorEDU support line directly at (629) 235-7026.