The American Osteopathic Conjoint Dermatopathology Examination Committee (AOCDEC) administers the Dermatopathology Subspecialty Certification Exam, as well as Osteopathic Continuous Certification requirements. The following stages represent key milestones in the AOCDEC process for subspecialty board certification in Dermatopathology.
Certifying Board Examination
1. Complete the eligibility requirements to sit for the Dermatopathology Subspecialty Certification Exam.
2. Submit an exam application.
3. Take the exam, offered each fall.
Become Board Certified
4. Upon successful completion of all exam components, the AOCDEC will recommend osteopathic board certification to the AOA.
5. You will receive a letter from the AOA via email once certification has been approved.
6. You are now board certified. You will receive your certification in the mail within 10-12 weeks upon notification of approval.
7. Your certification in Dermatopathology will remain active for 10 years following date of issue provided you successfully complete Osteopathic Continuous Certification requirements.
Osteopathic Continuous Certification
8. Maintain active licensure.
9. Participate in lifelong learning and continuing medical education.
10. Complete the cognitive assessment.
11. Complete the practice performance assessment.