The American Osteopathic Board of Proctology administers primary certification exams. The following stages represent key milestones in the process to obtain primary board certification in Proctology.
1. In order to take the Proctology Written Exam, applicants must have completed two years of AOA-approved training in proctology and two years of practice in proctology after completion of training. NOTE: Candidates who began their AOBPr board certification prior to 2015 are also required to complete a clinical exam. Contact us for more information.
Become Board Certified
2. Upon successful completion of all exam components, the AOBPr will recommend osteopathic board certification to the AOA.
3. You will receive a letter from the AOA via email once certification has been approved.
4. You are now board certified. You will receive your certification in the mail within 90 days.
5. Your primary certification in Proctology will remain active with a time-unlimited certificate.