The American Osteopathic Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology administers primary certification exams, subspecialty certification exams, and Osteopathic Continuous Certification requirements. The following stages represent key milestones in the process to obtain subspecialty board certification in Gynecologic Oncology.
1. In order to take the Gynecologic Oncology Oral Exam, applicants must hold primary certification from the AOBOG in Obstetrics and Gynecology and have completed a fellowship program in gynecologic oncology.
2. The Oral Exam is offered twice per year, spring and fall, via remote proctoring. The application period opens 6 months and closes 3 months prior to the exam date. All required documentation must be uploaded by the late application deadline. View all exam deadlines.
Become Board Certified
3. Upon successful completion of all exam components, the AOBOG will recommend osteopathic board certification to the AOA.
4. You will receive a letter from the AOA via email once certification has been approved.
5. Congratulations! You are now board certified. You will receive your certificate in the mail within 90 days.
6. Your subspecialty certification in Gynecologic Oncology will remain active for six years following date of issue provided you successfully complete Osteopathic Continuous Certification requirements.
**Please note that once you become subspecialty certified in Gynecologic Oncology, the AOA and AOBOG do not require you to maintain primary certification in Obstetrics & Gynecology. We highly recommend that you confer with all employers, hospitals where you hold privileges, insurance companies, payors, and any other interested third parties before voluntarily dropping your primary Obstetrics & Gynecology certification to ensure that there will be no adverse effects if you choose do to so.
Osteopathic Continuous Certification
7. Maintain active licensure.
8. Participate in lifelong learning and continuing medical education.
9. Complete the cognitive assessment.
10. Complete the practice performance assessment.