Primary Written Exam References
This list is not all-inclusive, but is intended to give exam candidates a place to start as they prepare for the Written Exam in the primary specialty of Obstetrics & Gynecology.
- ACOG PROLOG Series. All six books are currently in their 7th editions (2013-2017). By the American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists.
- Callen’s Ultrasonography in Obstetrics and Gynecology, 6th ed. 2016. By Mary Norton.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Sexually Transmitted Diseases Treatment Guidelines, 2015. https://www.cdc.gov/std/tg2015/tg-2015-print.pdf
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Summary Chart of U.S. Medical Eligibility Criteria for Contraceptive Use. 2012. https://www.cdc.gov/reproductivehealth/unintendedpregnancy/pdf/legal_summary-chart_english_final_tag508.pdf
- Ultrasound in Obstetrics and Gynecology: A Practical Approach, 1st ed. 2014. By Alfred Abuhamad.
Obstetrics/Maternal Fetal Medicine
- ACOG Hypertension in Pregnancy Guidelines, 2013.
- Creasy & Resnik’s Maternal-Fetal Medicine: Principles and Practice, 7th ed. 2013. By Robert Resnik, Robert Creasy, et al.
- (Gabbe’s) Obstetrics: Normal & Problem Pregnancies, 7th ed. 2016. By Steven Gabbe, et al.
- Williams Obstetrics, 24th ed. 2014. By F. Gary Cunningham, et al.
- Berek & Novak’s Gynecology, 15th ed. 2011. By Jonathan Berek.
- (Karram’s) Atlas of Pelvic Anatomy & Gynecologic Surgery, 4th ed. 2015. By Michael Baggish and Mickey Karram.
- (Lentz and Lobo’s) Comprehensive Gynecology, 7th ed. Mosby, 2017. By Rogerio Lobo, Gretchen Lentz, et al.
- Te Linde’s Operative Gynecology, 11th ed. 2015. By Howard Jones and John Rock.
- Updated Consensus Guidelines on the Management of Women with Abnormal Cervical Cancer Screening Tests and Cancer Precursors. By the American Society for Colposcopy and Cervical Pathology, 2012.
- Williams Gynecology, 3rd ed. 2016. By Barbara Hoffman, et al.
- Berek & Hacker’s Gynecologic Oncology, 6th ed. 2014. By Jonathan Berek and Neville Hacker.
- (DiSaia’s) Clinical Gynecologic Oncology, 9th ed. 2017. By Philip DiSaia, et al.
- Principles and Practice of Gynecologic Oncology, 6th ed. Wolters Kluwer, 2013. By Richard Barakat, et al.
Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility
- (Speroff’s) Clinical Gynecologic Endocrinology & Infertility, 8th ed. 2010. By Leon Speroff and Marc Fritz.
- Williams Textbook of Endocrinology, 13th ed. 2015. By Shlomo Melmed, et al.
Female Pelvic Medicine & Reconstructive Surgery
- (Karram’s) Urogynecology and Reconstructive Pelvic Surgery, 4th ed. 2014. By Mickey Karram and Mark Walters.
Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine/Osteopathic Principles & Practice
- Foundations of Osteopathic Medicine, 3rd ed. 2010. By the American Osteopathic Association.
- Greenman’s Principles of Manual Medicine, 5th ed. 2016. By Lisa DeStefano.
Additionally, current ACOG Practice Bulletins and Committee Opinions may be used as supplemental references.