The American Osteopathic Board of Ophthalmology and Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery (AOBOO-HNS) administers primary certification exams, subspecialty certification exams, and Osteopathic Continuous Certification requirements. The following stages represent key milestones in the process to obtain subspecialty board certification in Otolaryngic Allergy.
Written & Oral Exam
1. In order to take the Otolaryngic Allergy Subspecialty Written & Oral Exam, applicants must have obtained primary board certification from the AOBOO-HNS.
2.The Written & Oral Exam is offered once per year in the spring, generally in conjunction with the AOCOO-HNS annual meeting. The application period opens in the fall, and applications are due in February.
Become Board Certified
3. Upon successful completion of all exam components, the AOBOO-HNS will recommend osteopathic board certification to the AOA.
4. You will receive a letter from the AOA via email once certification has been approved.
5. You are now board certified. You will receive your certification in the mail within 90 days.
6. Your subspecialty certification in Otolaryngic Allergy will remain active for 10 years following date of issue provided you successfully complete Osteopathic Continuous Certification requirements.
Osteopathic Continuous Certification
7. Maintain active licensure.
8. Participate in lifelong learning and continuing medical education.
9. Complete the cognitive assessment module.
10. Complete the practice performance assessment module.
11. Maintain membership in the American Osteopathic Association.