The American Osteopathic Board of Anesthesiology administers primary and subspecialty certification exams, as well as Osteopathic Continuous Certification requirements. The following stages represent key milestones in the AOBA process for subspecialty certification in Pediatric Anesthesiology.
1. Complete the AOBA eligibility requirements to sit for the Written Exam.
2. Submit an exam application.
3. Take the Written Exam via a remote proctored exam format.
Become Board Certified
4. Upon successful completion of all exam components, the AOBA will recommend osteopathic board certification in the subspecialty.
5. You will receive a letter from the AOA via email once certification has been approved.
6. You are now board certified. You will receive your certification in the mail within 10-12 weeks upon notification of approval.
7. Your subspecialty certification in Pediatric Anesthesiology will remain active for 10 years following date of issue provided you successfully complete Osteopathic Continuous Certification requirements.
Osteopathic Continuous Certification
8. Maintain active licensure.
9. Participate in lifelong learning and continuing medical education.
10. Complete the cognitive assessment.
11. Complete the practice performance assessment.