Component 3: Cognitive Assessment
The AOBR is piloting a new format for cognitive assessment. If your certificate expires in 2019 or after, you will not need to take the 10-year OCC examination.
Under the new cognitive assessment format, AOBR board-certified physicians must complete 15 Self-Assessment Modules (SAMs) during each CME cycle. All 15 SAMs must be successfully completed and submitted by the end of each three-year CME cycle. Each SAM must include a self-administered examination and the diplomate must provide a certificate of attendance indicating the amount of credit earned, as provided by the organization offering the SAM.
Diplomates must submit all CME they obtain to the AOA Customer Resource Center via email at email@example.com or fax at (312) 202-8202.
Organizations that offer SAMs include, but are not limited to:
- American Osteopathic College of Radiology (AOCR)
- American College of Radiology (ACR)
- Radiological Society of North America (RSNA)
- Society of Pediatric Radiology (SPR)
- Society of Breast Imaging (SBI)
- Society of Skeletal Radiology (SSR)
- American Society of Emergency Radiology (ASER)
- Society of Interventional Radiology (SIR)
- American Journal of Neuroradiology (AJNR)
- Society of Nuclear Medicine (SNM)
- American Institute of Ultrasound in Medicine (AIUM)