The American Osteopathic Board of Pediatrics administers primary and subspecialty certification exams, as well as Osteopathic Continuous Certification requirements. The following stages represent key milestones in the process to obtain primary board certification in Pediatrics.
1. In order to take the Pediatrics Written Exam, candidates must have completed at least at least 30 months of residency or 80% of the total program rotations by the exam date.
2. The Written Exam is offered every spring. The application period for the Written Exam opens the previous fall.
Become Board Certified
3. Upon successful completion of all exam components, the AOBP will recommend osteopathic board certification to the AOA.
4. You will receive a letter from the AOA via email once certification has been approved.
5. You are now board certified. You will receive your certification in the mail within 90 days upon notification of approval.
Osteopathic Continuous Certification
6, Maintain active licensure.
7. Participate in lifelong learning and continuing medical education.
8. Participate in longitudinal assessment.
9. Complete the practice performance assessment.