AOBP announces cancellation of Neonatology Primary Certification Exam VIEW MORE
Component 2: Lifelong Learning/Continuing Medical Education
Component 2 of the Osteopathic Continuous Certification process requires recertifying physicians to pursue lifelong learning through continuing medical education. To complete Component 2 requirements in the primary specialty of Pediatrics, diplomates must:
- Earn 60 CME credits during each three-year AOA CME cycle. Of these, 15 credits must be specialty AOA Category 1-A. AOA specialty certifying boards will not require diplomates to obtain specialty-specific CME during the 2019-2021 CME cycle. You may view your status for all OCC components, including Component 2, by logging into the AOA Physician Portal.
- Complete 9 Pediatric Osteopathic Manipulative Treatment (POMT) modules, listed below.
To meet OCC Component 4 requirements in Pediatrics, physicians must successfully complete the 9 pediatric osteopathic manipulative treatment (POMT) modules below. Each module has been approved for 1 AOA Category 1-B CME credit. For each module, you must read the module and complete the corresponding online quiz. Physicians must get at least 80% of the quiz correct to pass the module. The AOBP will report this activity to the AOA CME Department for OCC credit. All 9 POMT modules must be completed by the end of the 9-year OCC cycle (Jan. 1, 2013-Dec. 31, 2021). You can view your status for all OCC components, including component 2, by logging in to the AOA Physician Portal. POMT Modules
- Osteopathic Manipulation for Acute Otitis Media in the Pediatric Population
- An Osteopathic Approach to Pediatric Headaches
- Osteopathic Considerations in the Newborn
- The Osteopathic Evaluation and Treatment of Ankle Injuries
- Osteopathic Pediatric Knee Examination
- Pediatric Cervical Spine OMT Module
- Pediatric Respiratory OMT Module
- Osteopathic Pediatrics
- Pediatric Scoliosis OMT Module