Component 2: Lifelong Learning/Continuing Medical Education
Component 2 of the Osteopathic Continuous Certification process requires recertifying physicians to pursue lifelong learning through continuing medical education. Component 2 consists of two parts: CME credit and Pediatric Osteopathic Manipulative Treatment (POMT) Modules.
To complete Component 2 requirements in the primary specialty of Pediatrics, diplomates must:
- Earn 60 CME credits during each three-year AOA CME cycle.
- 15 credits must be Specialty AOA Category 1-A.
- AOA Category 1-A will be required CME during the 2022-2024 CME Cycle.
- View your status for all OCC components, including Component 2, by logging into the AOA Physician Portal.
- Pediatric Osteopathic Manipulative Treatment (POMT) modules, listed below.
CME Guide: 2022 through 2024 CME Guide information will be available soon.
CME Guide: 2019-2021 CME Guide for Osteopathic Physicians
POMT Modules are being reviewed for the 2022-2024 OCC Cycle. More information will be available soon.