The American Osteopathic Board of Preventive Medicine administers primary certification exams, subspecialty certification exams, and Osteopathic Continuous Certification requirements. The following stages represent key milestones in the process to obtain primary board certification in Aerospace Medicine.
1. In order to take the Aerospace Medicine Certification Exam, applicants must have completed an internship year or transitional year and one-year Aerospace Medicine residency as well as earned an Master in Public Health or equivalent degree.
Become Board Certified
2. Upon successful completion of all exam components, the AOBPM will recommend osteopathic board certification to the AOA.
3. You will receive a letter from the AOA via email once certification has been approved.
4. You are now board certified. You will receive your certification in the mail within 90 days.
5. Your primary certification in Aerospace Medicine will remain active for 10 years following date of issue provided you successfully complete Osteopathic Continuous Certification requirements.
Osteopathic Continuous Certification
6. Maintain active licensure.
7. Participate in lifelong learning and continuing medical education.
8. Complete the cognitive assessment.
9. Complete the practice performance assessment.