AOBPM cancels March 26-28 Certification Exams VIEW DETAILS
The American Osteopathic Board of Preventive Medicine administers primary certification exams, subspecialty certification exams, and Osteopathic Continuous Certification requirements. The following stages represent key milestones in the process to obtain primary board certification in Occupational/Environmental Medicine.
1. In order to take the Occupational/Environmental Medicine Certification Exam, applicants must have completed an internship year or transitional year or one year of training in Occupational/Environmental Medicine and have obtained a Master of Public Health or equivalent degree.
2. The Occupational/Environmental Medicine Certification Exam is offered one weekend every spring. The application period opens in fall and applications are due Dec. 1.
Become Board Certified
3. Upon successful completion of all exam components, the AOBPM will recommend osteopathic board certification to the AOA.
4. You will receive a letter from the AOA via email once certification has been approved.
5. You are now board certified. You will receive your certification in the mail within 90 days.
6. Your primary certification in Occupational/Environmental Medicine will remain active for 10 years following date of issue provided you successfully complete Osteopathic Continuous Certification requirements.
Osteopathic Continuous Certification
7. Maintain active licensure.
8. Participate in lifelong learning and continuing medical education.
9. Complete the cognitive assessment.
10. Complete the practice performance assessment.