The American Osteopathic Board of Preventive Medicine administers primary certification exams, CAQ certification exams, and Osteopathic Continuous Certification requirements. The following stages represent key milestones in the process to obtain your CAQ in Occupational Medicine.
1. In order to take the Occupational Medicine CAQ Certification Exam, applicants must have active certification from any AOA certifying board.
2. The Occupational Medicine CAQ Certification Exam is offered one weekend every spring. The application period opens in fall and applications are due Dec. 1.
Become Board Certified
3. Upon successful completion of all exam components, the AOBPM will recommend osteopathic board certification to the AOA.
4. You will receive a letter from the AOA via email once certification has been approved.
5. You are now board certified. You will receive your certification in the mail within 90 days.
6. Your CAQ in Occupational Medicine will remain active for ten years following date of issue provided you successfully complete Osteopathic Continuous Certification requirements.
Osteopathic Continuous Certification
7. Maintain active licensure.
8. Participate in lifelong learning and continuing medical education.
9. Complete the cognitive assessment module.
10. Complete the practice performance assessment.
11. Maintain membership in the American Osteopathic Association.