Does your certificate expire in 2023? View your OCC requirements.
The American Osteopathic Board of Family Physicians administers primary certification exams, CAQ exams, and Osteopathic Continuous Certification requirements. The following stages represent key milestones in the process to obtain a CAQ in Geriatric Medicine.
1. In order to take the Geriatric Medicine Written Exam, applicants must have completed a fellowship in Geriatric Medicine.
2. The Geriatric Medicine Written Exam is offered once per year in the spring. The application period opens 6-8 months prior to the exam date. There are 200 single answer multiple-choice questions on the Geriatric Medicine exam.
Become Board Certified
3. Upon successful completion of all exam components, the AOBFP will recommend osteopathic board certification to the AOA.
4. You will receive a letter from the AOA via email once certification has been approved.
5. You are now board certified. You will receive your certification in the mail within 10-12 weeks.
6. Your CAQ in Geriatric Medicine will remain active for 10 years following date of issue provided you successfully complete Osteopathic Continuous Certification requirements.
Osteopathic Continuous Certification
7. Maintain active licensure.
8. Participate in lifelong learning and continuing medical education.
9. Complete the cognitive assessment.
10. Complete the practice performance assessment.